Who: #9/9 Arkansas Razorbacks (4-1, 0-0 SEC) vs. #15/17 San Diego State Aztecs (4-1, 0-0 Mountain West)
What: Maui Jim Maui Invitational Third Place Match.
When: Wednesday – 23.11. – 5pm (HT) / 9pm (CT)
Where: Lahaina, Hawaii (Lahaina Civic Center)
– Video: ESPN2 (John Schriffen and Daymeon Fishback)
– Online video stream: ESPN
– Radio: Learfield Razorback Sports Network (Chuck Barrett and Matt Zimmerman)
– How to listen online/mobile: Razorback Gameday App
– Sirius/XM: TBA || SXM App: Channel TBA
– Live Stats: Maui Invitational live stats
– Arkansas Game Notes: CLICK HERE
– San Diego State Game Notes: CLICK HERE
– SEC Notes/Statistics: CLICK HERE
– Maui Invitational Official Website: https://mauiinvitational.com/
LAHAINA, Hawaii – The ninth-ranked Arkansas Razorbacks take on number 15-17 San Diego State in the third-place playoff of the Maui Jim Maui Invitational Wednesday (Nov. 23). Tipoff is scheduled for 5pm HT/9pm CT and the game will be broadcast on ESPN2.
- This will be the third meeting between Arkansas and the state of San Diego. Arkansas won the first two matches – both on neutral courts but played in Arkansas State. The December ’81 encounter took place at Pine Bluff, Ark. took place, and the December ’85 encounter took place in Little Rock.
- While the Razorbacks and Aztecs have only met twice…both coming in the 1980s, San Diego State is a trusted foe for Razorback head coach Eric Musselman. Not only did Musselman grow up in San Diego and attend the University of San Diego, but San Diego State was Nevada’s main competitor while Musselman was the head coach of the Wolf Pack.
- Eric Musselman was only 3-7 against San Diego State while he was in Nevada. To put those seven losses into perspective, Muss lost just 34 total games in Nevada, including 21 against opponents from Mountain West.
• Eric Musselman and Brian Dutcher not only draw each other…
- Musselman’s father (Bill) was the head coach at the University of Minnesota and Dutcher’s father (Jim) succeeded Musselman as head coach of the Gophers.
- Dutcher and Musselman rank fifth and sixth, respectively, among active NCAA Division I head coaches in winning percentage (with at least five years of Division I wins). Dutcher has a .750 win rate over 6 years and Musselman has a .748 win rate over 8 years.
For more information on Arkansas Men’s Basketball, click here @RazorbackMBB on twitter.