School bus full of children crashes into New York house

A school bus full of schoolboys between the ages of six and 11 rolled down a hill Thursday morning and crashed into a home in a north New York City suburb, causing serious injuries.

The Spring Valley accident came after a bus operated by the Ribnitzer Jewish Schools hit two parked cars and dragged them over a hill before crashing into a house on Southgate Drive in Spring Valley, according to Yeshiva World.

Nearly two dozen patients — 21 children and the driver — were extricated from the rubble, six of whom were taken to Westchester Medical Center’s pediatric trauma center, where two of them were in serious but non-life-threatening conditions, a first responder at the scene said Post.

“They are currently receiving excellent medical care and we certainly wish them a speedy recovery,” said Rockland Hatzolah EMS Captain Josh Hans.

Two other children were being treated at Nyack Hospital and the driver was at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffren, Hans said.

It was unclear what triggered the crazy crash or if there was an arrest. According to Spring Valley authorities, the Ramapo Police Department was leading the investigation.

First responders and school officials from the Hasidic community were also at the scene.

“Obviously our main concern was the imminent threat to life of all patients, and with a school bus in particular, we want to make sure all patients are taken care of,” said Hans.

“With any car accident, you might know how many family members or fellow passengers you’re traveling with, but with a school bus, it can get confusing.”

Near the scene, a mother told reporters her 10-year-old son was taken to the hospital for a check-up after the accident, but luckily only suffered bruises on his leg and no serious injuries.

“He tried an emergency window but he said a car had overturned right there so he couldn’t jump out right there,” said the woman, who was holding another small child and declined to give her name.

“So he was trying to find the next one available and he said he was waiting on the line my little boy. He was waiting in line to jump out.”

Other children with minor injuries were fully assessed by paramedics and then released back into the care of the school, which dispatched administrators and another bus to the scene, Hans said.

“It was quite chilly this morning so one of the neighbors was kind enough to allow all these kids to come inside to see and assess rather than out on the street in 30 degree weather,” the first responder said .

“Luckily it wasn’t chaotic. You didn’t cry.”