INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana — Welcome to Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, where the Indiana Hoosiers take on Ohio’s Miami, 3-0 and No. 12 Sunday night.
Here’s our live blog with news and views straight from the Center Court press suite. We’re bringing it all to you in real time, with a dash of opinion and highlights. The newest articles are at the top, so just keep updating. Enjoy the game!
5:15 p.m. – Equal starters for the Hoosiers, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Race Thompson, Miller Kopp, Xavier Johnson and Jalen Hood-Schifino.
5:10 p.m. – No Trey Galloway for the Hoosiers tonight. He’s here, but not in uniform. In search of the reason. Here’s what we know so far. CLICK HERE
Scroll to Next
17:05 – Indiana coach Mike Woodson played Ohio’s Miami twice as a player in Indiana. He won both games, first as a freshman in 1976 and again as a senior in December 1979. Indiana has won five straight games in the series, most recently losing 63-57 at Bloomington on November 26, 1983. Steve Alford stayed on just 12 points and Dan Dakich was goalless, missing all three shots. Marty Simmons was the top scorer that day with 15 points.
5 p.m. – Sunday’s matchup marks the 25th between the two schools. Indiana holds a 21-3 advantage in the series. The Hoosiers have won five straight games against the RedHawks, including the last meeting between the sides on December 10, 1994.
4:50 p.m. – This is Indiana’s only appearance at Indianapolis this season after playing four games here a year ago. They beat Notre Dame in the Crossroads Classic last year, but that mid-December event came to an end after 10 years. Indiana replaced it with a home-and-home game against national champions Kansas beginning December 17 of that year in Lawrence. Indiana also played three Big Ten tournament games here in March, but this year the event will be held at the United Center in Chicago.
4:40 p.m. – This is the first of three games of the Hoosier Classic for Indiana. They will play Little Rock at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on Wednesday night and in Jackson State on Friday afternoon. It’s really more of a round-robin tournament than a bracketed tournament. For example, Miami will host Little Rock on November 26th and Jackson State on November 29th. Little Rock is hosting Jackson State tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Similar stories about basketball in Indiana
- TREY GALLOWAY’S 3-POINT SHOT: In his first two years at Indiana, guard Trey Galloway only hit six three-pointers each season. It’s the one part of his game that’s been missing, but a summer of hard work honing his mechanics has seen him shoot much better so far this season. He had some good teachers. CLICK HERE
- HOW TO SEE: Indiana Basketball (3-0) vs. Miami of Ohio (1-3) tips Sunday at 5:30 p.m. ET at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana for the latest on scoring, the coaching matchup, series history and more. CLICK HERE
- HOW TO GET INDIANA VS. MIAMI FROM OHIO: Indiana Basketball (3-0) vs. Miami of Ohio (1-3) tips Sunday at 5:30 p.m. ET at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana for the latest on scoring, the coaching matchup, series history and more. CLICK HERE
- TRAVIS STEELE’S INDIANA ROOTS: Travis Steele, Ohio basketball coach from Miami, grew up in Danville, Indiana and supported the Indiana Hoosiers. He later worked on the staff of Kelvin Sampson in Indiana. On Sunday, he will practice his Redhawks against Mike Woodson and the No. 12 Hoosiers at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. CLICK HERE
- OPENING LINE: Indiana will be looking for their fourth straight win on Sunday when they take on Ohio’s Miami at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Here’s the opening spread as of Sunday morning – the Hoosiers are big favorites – and lots of historical info comparing both teams’ spreads. CLICK HERE