Ohio State vs. Michigan is less than a week away.
After the Buckeyes’ 43-30 away win over Maryland on Saturday afternoon, Ohio State turned its attention to rival Michigan, who it will face in six days.
The Buckeyes are looking for their chance to respond after losing their first game to Michigan since 2011 last season in Ann Arbor.
With six days to go before the regular-season finals, here’s what the Ohio State-Michigan matchup looked like six years ago.
Ohio State Football News:Join the Ohio State Football Insider text group with Bill Rabinowitz and Joey Kaufman
No. 2 Ohio State secures CFP spot with double overtime win over Michigan No. 3
While Ohio State Football suffered one loss in the Big Ten game – a 24-21 away loss to Penn State – the Buckeyes were playing for a place in the college football playoffs in the final game of the 2016 season.
After wins against Northwestern, No. 9 Nebraska, Maryland and Michigan State was No. 2 Ohio State hosts No. 3 Michigan for a playoff spot: The last time both the Wolverines and Buckeyes played each other as top-four teams.
Michigan held a 10-7 lead at halftime, stopped only by an interception returning for a touchdown by Ohio State’s Malik Hooker, answering a one-yard touchdown executed by Wolverine full back Khalid Hill .
Hill and Ohio State running back Mike Weber traded touchdowns before Buckeyes kicker Tyler Durbin hit a 23-yard field goal to secure overtime.
After JT Barrett and Wilton Speight both scored in first overtime on a touchdown pass to Amara Darboh, Kenny Allen put Michigan ahead with a 37-yard field goal. Curtis Samuel responded with a 15-yard touchdown run to give Ohio State a double overtime win.
Ohio State’s win in 2016 was coach Urban Meyer’s fifth of six career wins over Michigan in six attempts.
Ohio State ended the 2016 season with a 31-0 loss to Clemson in the college football playoff semifinals at the Fiesta Bowl.
The Ohio State Football schedule for 2022
- 3 Sept:State of Ohio 21, Notre Dame 10
- September 10:Ohio State 45, Arkansas State 12
- 17 Sep:State of Ohio 77, Toledo 21
- 24 Sept:State of Ohio 52, Wisconsin 21
- 1 Oct: State of Ohio 49, Rutgers 10
- 8 Oct:State of Ohio 49, State of Michigan 20
- 22 Oct: State of Ohio 54, Iowa 10
- 29 Oct:Ohio State 44, Penn State 31
- 5 Nov: State of Ohio 21, Northwest 7
- November 12th: State of Ohio 56, Indiana 14
- November 19: State of Ohio 43, Maryland 30
- November 26: Ohio State vs. Michigan, Columbus, Ohio, noon, FOX
Michigan Football’s 2022 schedule
- 3 Sept: Michigan 51, Colorado 7
- September 10: Michigan 56, Hawaii 10
- 17 Sep: Michigan 59, UConn 0
- 24 Sept: Michigan 34, Maryland 27
- 1 Oct: Michigan 27, Iowa 14
- 8 Oct: Michigan 31, Indiana 10
- 15 Oct: Michigan 41, Pennsylvania State 17
- 29 Oct: Michigan 29, Michigan State 7
- 5 Nov: Michigan 52, Rutgers 17
- November 12th: Michigan 34, Nebraska 3
- November 19: Michigan 19, Illinois 17
- November 26: Michigan vs. Ohio State, Columbus, Ohio, noon